Sunday, August 5, 2007

Tattoo(s)

Drum roll please!

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

Ta da!

And there you have it. My tattoo. I got it a week ago at Good Neighbor Tattoo. The artist was Arne Hansen and he did an excellent job. Obviously it hurt, a lot, but now I can't feel it. It gets itchy at times but that should soon pass and is a good thing since that means its healing.

Everyone has asked me why.

My simple (and really only) answer is: because I wanted to. I didn't get it to be cool (mostly) or because I was pressured or because I want to witness with it. I got it because I wanted it and its just that simple. What happens after this we'll see.

Oh, by the way, it is Philippians 3:12 in Japanese and its on my lower left side on my back. And yes, that is what it actually says. I got it out of my Japanese Bible and checked it so I'm 99% positive that it does actually say what I think it says.

"Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold for me."

No comments: