Saturday, August 4, 2007

Vacation Part 1: Books

Oh, where to begin?... I have been at June Lake for the past week and so many wonderful posts need to be written, but where to begin? I decided on books because I felt like it.

So here they are:

Blood Memory by Greg Iles

Recommended to me by my Daddy, this was a very interesting book that was different from most I have ever read. The author is a man but the main character was a women... (?_?)''' I know, totally weird. But it was surprisingly well done. The main character was a little crazy and unstable while dealing with some repressed memories from her childhood but Iles kept it pretty much together. It was a good mystery with some nice unexpected plot twists. A very good ending. Everyone got their just deserts which made me happy.

The Princess Bride Abridged by William Goldman

Personally I liked the movie better but it was still worth reading. I could have gone without a lot of Goldman's life story but again, it was worth the read. Probably because it was funny and almost exactly the movie (since Goldman also wrote the screen play) and rather short.

And those are it for the week. I know, not much but there was a lot of crossword puzzle doing and Monopoly winning going on which will be explained in the next post.

No comments: