Saturday, May 26, 2007

Pirates 3


Heck yes. As anyone with a tv, newspaper or brain knows Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End was released yesterday with showings starting at 8:00pm (which I personally think is lame but I'll talk about that later). Because I love the Pirates movies and because I'm just hard core like that I went. Sasha, Anna and I arrived to the theater at 8:30am, yes I said am, with all our gear. Our gear being various blankets for sitting upon, books, of course Starbucks, a tv, our DS's, GameCube, Playstation 2 and various games and movies.
Throughout the day we played our games, read books, ate food, watched some Pirates 1 and generally had an awesome time. You see, waiting in line is half the fun when you're hard core geeks like us. If you've never done it I strongly suggest it.
At 6:15pm I had to leave for worship practice and by the time I got back at 8:30pm Sasha, Anna and Chante were already enjoying the Piratey goodness of the 8 o'clock showing. But because Meagan, Mommy and I are super hard core we waiting like good little fans for the traditional 11:59pm showing. There was more waiting until they finally let us in. Because I'm cool like that I was the first one in the door and we had the best seats in the house.
For the half and hour before the movie started we waited with bated breath for the previews to start. After the twenty minutes of future reasons for us to spend too much money for something that has no lasting value our feature presentation began. There was a huge applause and then a hush fell over the audience.
Now would be the time where I would give a detailed and well written description of what happens in the movie but I am a die hard Pirates fan that wants you to spend the money to go and see it for yourself.
The movie was awesome. I have no better words to describe it. Definitely the best out of the three and the finale to the trilogy. All issues and conflicts are resolved in a suspenseful and dramatic manner fitting a Disney movie.
Don't forget to stay through the credits to watch the ending of the movie. You will not be disappointed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice! I can't wait to see it! It looks really good. I would have totally went with you guys, but my dad would never let me go to a midnight showing to see a movie on a schoolnight. Plus I didn't want to be lame and see the 8 ocolck showing!
--Christian

Anonymous said...

I saw it, and it was so awesome. But My brothers and their friend did not want to stay for the end of the movie after the credits! IT WAS LAME Andy and his brother Tom wanted to stay, but they eventually caved in too...i still don't know what happened...i guess i'll have to see the movie again :)

-John