Tuesday, July 24, 2007

More Stories...

I've read a few more stories from "The Vintage Bradbury" and am still in awe.

First I read "The Illustrated Man" which was nothing like what I expected it to be. I found myself shaking the book in some parts because it was not telling me what was going on and I wanted to know dang it! When I did finish it I was again sitting there with a rather quizzical look on my face until I decided I didn't need to know, set the book back on the stack of books on my dresser, turned out the light and went to sleep.

Next it was "There Will Come Soft Rains". Reminded me of Fahrenheit 451. Except it was an Armageddon, end of the world type thing. Definitely makes you think.

Then it was "Fever Dream". This one was definitely strange. Left me even more confused but after I read the ending a few more times it made sense and was just eerie then.

I still am amazed at how well Bradbury writes. I was a little inspired myself and wrote a little last night. I don't know if/think its any good but I was still inspired.

No comments: