Monday, July 9, 2007

Registration Blues

Today was the first day I was suppose to be able to register for my classes at the University of Richmond for Fall 2007 starting at 9am. I woke up around 10am and realized that so I started on my computer. I entered in the correct numbers I had prepared almost two weeks ago to make sure I wouldn't waste any time and clicked "SUBMIT". Only to find out that four out of the six classes were full or needed a prerequisite.

Needless to say I was pretty bummed and almost slightly freaking out. So I tried to register for other courses that were alternatives and most of those were also closed. That was about the time I realized that when they said 9am they meant 9am Virginia time which is 3 hours ahead of California meaning everyone else had had almost four hours to register by the time I was on the computer.

There wasn't much else I could do but write an e-mail to the Academic Advising Center saying that I had no idea what to do next. A little while later, after I had eaten about two big cookies and paced my room a few times, a very nice and totally awesome lady from Academic Advising called me to see what we could do to get me registered. I was so great full and she was very helpful. I eventually registered for a few classes and ended up speaking with a gentleman who is helping me to figure out the rest.

Right now I am registered for:

Greek 101
Journalism 200
Classics 302- Roman Art and Archeology
History 100- Technology in American History
English 103 (soon to be 297 if everything works out tomorrow)

And that is that. I want to take a different history class but I an still waiting to hear back from the history department because the class is full and I want to try to get in anyway. The English class will work out as far as I know but not until tomorrow. So not exactly my original plan but working out well anyway.
Hey, I still get to take Greek!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow. that really sucks!
--Christian